Starting last month, at the end of the month, or the first week of the month, I will be reviewing the posts for the whole month. In this post, we review what we have learned so far last month, June 2015.
June 2015 in Review – Summary of Posts
- Multiplication Algorithm Using Squares with Diagonals discusses lattice multiplication where you place the multiplier and multiplicand of a 2-digit number at the top and at the right of the square, and put the product inside the square divided by a diagonal. This is another method of multiplication aside from the standard method that we already know.
- A Tip on Multiplying Mixed Fractions by Whole Numbers teaches how to use a faster method when multiplying fractions by whole numbers.
- The Whole Number Mixed Fraction Multiplication Secret explains the secret behind the method used in the previous bullet.
- Amaze Your Friends with The Sum Prediction Math Trick shows an amazing trick where you can predict the sum of prime numbers.
- Why The Sum Prediction Math Trick Works explains why the method of the sum prediction trick works.
Above are some amazing math tricks, shortcuts, and secrets that you can amaze your friends with. Share them and learn them by heart.
Remember, it’s cool to know the math trick. But it’s even cooler, if you know how they work.
Subscribe in the email box at the upper right part of the page to receive updates from Math Tricks for Kids.